What’s this, you say, two posts in one day?
That’s right people, in honour of our patron saint its go large or go home, two for the price of one, double bubble entry day. Another stunning Saint Patricks day treat from the one, the only, Jean from Pretty Tasty Bakes… enjoy!
Simple biscuits to get into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit.
All you need:
- Butter (125g)
- Caster Sugar (125g)
- Flour (250g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg white,
- 2 heart shaped cutters (one larger than the other)
- Green ready roll icing
- Green decorating writing icing
- Beat the butter & sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla until incorporated
- Sift in half the flour and mix. Once incorporated, add the rest of the flour and mix again.
- Knead the mixture until smooth, ensuring no lumps.
- Wrap in cling film, and leave in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Heat your oven to gas Mark 4, /180 C/350F
- Roll out your mixtures on a lightly floured surface to about 1cm thick.
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out as many hearts as you can (in a multiple of 3) I got about 18 from this mixture.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 12-15 mins, until they are lightly golden.
- Leave these to cool before decorating
- Roll out the icing, to about 5mm thick, and cut out 18 large hearts, and 18 smaller hearts using your cutters.
- Glaze each biscuit with egg white.
- Place the large heart on each biscuits, the egg white will act as glue for it to stick.
- Once you have each biscuit covered, dab some more egg white in the middle of each biscuit to act as glue for the smaller heart to be placed on top.
- Once these have been covered with the smaller heart, leave to dry for a few moments.
- To finish, use your green icing pen to draw an outline around the smaller heart. This just gives some depth to the decoration.
- When complete, arrange the hearts in set of 3, and viola, biscuit shamrocks.