In honour of our national day of being as Irish* as we possibly can be, we present you with two alternative beverages to McD’s Green Milkshake! Created for your delectation by mixologist in the making, my little brother Robert, who is about two head’s taller than me.
Irish Eyes Martini.
This is a fun and entertaining drink, and will have you geared up for a great night out.
- 1/2 shot Dry Vermouth (martini)
- 3 Shots Gin (chilled)
- 1/2 shot Simple Syrup (sugar syrup)
- 1/2 Shot fresh Orange Juice.
- 1 Drop green food colouring.
- Chill a martini glass.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, shake gin and simple syrup and dry vermouth.
- Add orange juice.
- Using a straw. Take a drop of green food colouring and add to shaker.
- Shake again.
- Strain into martini glass using a hawthorn strainer.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
The next drink is made with Irish products. Mostly. If you use Bewley’s coffee and Cadbury’s chocolate. It is a delicious smooth desert of a cocktail. Silky, with a little kick of coffee and the enticing aroma of cinnamon.
- 1 Shot Irish Whiskey. (Jameson)
- 1 Shot Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 Shot coffee (chilled)
- 1 Shot Heavy Cream
- Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass with a hawthorn strainer.
- Garnish with a grated chocolate on top and a light dusting of cinnamon.