Happy Friday everyone – I thought a little indulgence is just what this dull Friday needs – roll on the weekend!
Topic: Cupcake, Alcoholic, Cocktail, Hens, Bachelorette, Baking, Party
If I am honest I would say that this is a coconut flavoured cupcake, where instead of using coconut essence I have used Malibu, but I’ve been taught to never let the truth get in the way of a good story, so instead I tell people that these are the ultimate in cocktail goodness.
The result from these cupcakes is so delicious, it feels almost like cheating, because they are so simple and quick to make. But again, I tell people it takes me hours in the kitchen, making sure I get the exact mix perfect for each individual cake. Some people will believe anything.
- 55g unsalted butter
- 140g sugar
- 120ml coconut milk (later add the rest of the can to a soup – yummy!)
- 2 eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can pineapple rings drained and chopped
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110g cream cheese
- 450g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Malibu
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas4. Line baking tin with paper cases
- In a large mixer cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix cocnut milk and eggs together. Add to butter & sugar
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Mix well
- Add pineapple. Mix again
- Pour mixture into paper cases. Bake for 20 min
- For the icing: in a large mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. The longer you beat it, the whiter it becomes.
- Mix in icing sugar and Malibu
- Spread over cupcakes & decorate
As you can see, these ones went straight to a Hen Party where they went down a storm teamed with a glass of champers!