I love Halloween. And moreover I love creep chilling food that fits with the Halloween theme. My son this year attended his very first Halloween party and I sent along a few treats with him.
These are really easy to make (thanks to my cheating double cut) and as an added advantage they smell delicious all the way through the preparation and cooking.
- 350g plain flour
- 175g light brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Writing pens: white, green, red
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 3 baking trays
- Sift all the dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor
- Add butter and whizz until mixture is like breadcrumbs
- Add sugar, egg and syrup. Pulse until combines
- Chill for 15min
- Rollout to 1cm thick and cut out men shapes
- With the remainder make small balls and squash for cookies
- Bake for 15min
- When done, the mixture will have risen and spread – recut with cookie cutter to sharpen edges
- Leave to cool until hardened (about 30min depending on the heat of your kitchen).
- To decorate as desired.